Monday, May 11, 2009

This Weekend

It has been a fun week. First of all, I had a great Mother's Day. Matt let me sleep in, which is what I asked for and then later I got a card with a gift certificate to the Sanctuary Day Spa. Yeah!! I am so excited to use it. After Church, we went and visited both our mother's. It was a great day.


This week Matt got the Play Land out of storage and Jordyn has had fun playing with it. She is still a little small so we put a blanket under her feet to help her maneuver around. I am so glad he got it out. It has come in handy this week while I had been getting my grandma's Mother's day present ready. We decided it would be fun to give her a scrapbook of our Disneyland trip so I had been busy doing that all last week. It was a lot of work, but she loved it so it was worth it.


This is the big mess I made. You can see where I would sit- the only empty place on the carpet. I am looking into some kind of organization for the future so I can scrapbook in a less chaotic environment. It will probably help me get things done faster too!!

Friday night my Uncle Scott was in town and so we went out to Nevole's Pizza and also saw a movie. Matt was nice and watched the girls so I could go to the movie. We ended up seeing Star Trek. I loved it. We also saw Wolverine on Saturday night, which was good, but Star Trek was better. If you haven't seen it, I highly recommend it. You won't be disappointed.


A crazy thing happened this week. While I was mowing our lawn Thursday, I discovered a duck had made a nest in one of our bushes. It scared me when it happened. I was trying to get the taller grass around the bush and so I was pushing the lawn mower into the bush and all the sudden a duck darted out. It was crazy. I looked in the bush and sure enough there was a nest with eggs. Then Saturday morning I took Madi out to look at the eggs and they had hatched. There was 5 little ducks. Aren't they cute.

Sadly after this picture was taken 2 of the baby ducks died. I won't go into detail about it as it is too sad. But there is still 3 left and I hope they make it. The mommy duck leaves them alone a lot, but she always comes back to check on them.

5 comments:

Lace said...

way cute and a little sad! Can I take the kids to see them... forget the kids, can I come see them?

Unknown said...

So glad you had a great Mother's Day! It's so sad that you lost two of the ducklings, but so fun that you found them all! Good luck with the rest of them!!!

Jaclyn said...

I bet Madi is loving the ducks. We have some that occasionally play in our backyard lately and the girls love to feed them bread. Now that it is warmer do you want to have a play date soon. I would love to see JOrdyn again and I know that girls would have fun with Madi.

Kathryn said...

thats crazy! Ducks! I always thought they liked water best, but i guess maybe the way it was raining so much last week, they got confused:)

chrissy said...

wow, you're a speedy scrapbooker. you just got back from that trip! i bet she loved it.

and now i'm intrigued... what happened to the other two duckies??