Sunday, August 31, 2008

August!!

A lot has been going on in the Drake Family this month. My Dad's side of the family had a family reunion down at Zions Ponderosa Ranch. Matt, Madi, Tyson, Katie, and were able to go. It was a crazy drive. We hadn't left until about 5:00 and didn't end up getting there until about 11:00. When it turned dark we had to drive pretty slow because we saw tons of deer. One time we had to stop because three deer were walking across the road. I was kind of scared because I have been in a car when my cousin hit a deer and it is something I would never like to do again. We had a lot of fun, there were many activities we could do and our condo was really nice. Madi was obsessed with the playground and she also loved the horses.

I forgot to take pictures, but I got a couple funny pictures of Madi while she was sleeping on the way home. Isn't she cute?

Matt's sister, Elizabeth, came home from her mission. She served in Uruguay. I went to Park City and had a girl's night out with all of Matt's sister's to celebrate. There were 15 girls total and it got pretty niosy at times. It was a lot of fun. We stayed at the Westgate Resort. We went swimming and shopped at the outlet mall. Here are some pictures.

Waiting at the airport for Izzy!!


Madi and Elise playing in the bath in Park City after swimming!! I love that they both are sticking out their tongues in this picture.

Jade sleeping on our way home from Park City. She had been eating skittles and has goo all over her face. Isn't she cute!!


Yesterday, I went with my mom and grandma to Swiss Days in Midway. We had a lot of fun and I spent way too much money, but I got a lot of cute gifts for Madi for Christmas and I also got me some cute things to decorate with. Matt was nice and watched Madi while I went so we didn't have to fight with her and the big crowds while we were there. It was really crowded and would not have been fun chasing Madi around. Afterwards, we went to the Dairy Keen and got some milkshakes and then went home. It was a lot of fun.

1 comments:

Jill Petersen said...

Awww, I always feel so sad when my babies have to sleep in their carseats and their heads get all kinked! She's so sweet! I love the Dairy Keen! Glad you had a good August although it was a busy one! Hope your pregnancy is going well too.