Friday, January 2, 2009

3 TO 4!!


We have survived the first two weeks of going from a family of 3 to 4. It is definitely different having two kids instead of one. Madisen has been a good sister and is starting to understand that Jordyn is not a toy and she needs to be careful around her. She also has to know where Jordyn is at all times. I think it is so cute that when she wakes up from naps the first thing she will ask is, "Where's Jordyn?"

****

Jordyn had a doctor's appointment today and is doing well. She is now 8 lbs. and 3 oz. and has grown an inch in length. That puts her in the 40 percentile for her age. Matt and I were happy to hear that as Madi was never above the 10 percentile. Jordyn also got her heal pricked for her PKU tests and only cried one little scream. She is a really good baby and is still pretty mellow.-Totally opposite of Madi. Hopefully that won't change.
****

Matt and I have been doing well besides we are both tired all the time. Jordyn will sleep for 3 to 4 hours during the day between each feeding, but only 2-3 hours during the night. Matt has been really helpful and lets me sleep downstairs and will bring Jordyn to me when she is ready to eat. I have a hard time sleeping in the same room as Jordyn because I am a light sleeper. It makes such a difference and am so grateful that he is so good to me. Matt is now back at work and it has been hard, but we have had lots of help from family and friends. Thanks you!!
***
Here are some pictures from Christmas. We has planned to stay home, but ended up going to my mom's house at noon and then ate dinner with Matt's family later that day. It ended up being a pretty busy day and we were both exhausted when we got home, but we had a lot of fun visiting with family.
Madi playing with Jordyn's new bouncy chair. We have had a fun time trying to teach her that only Jordyn can lay in the chair. She will wait until I am feeding Jordyn and dad's at work and decide to go bounce in it. She is such a stinker!!


Frowny Face!!!






The next couple pictures are of Madi opening and playing with her presents!! One Word describes it.... Spoiled!!!!





6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats again!

My kids would always get in the babys toys, and they especially loved the bouncer. It does bend back so don't be too worried, and my kids are huge compared to Madisen so it will be fine. Get all the sleep you can, and let Matt take care of you, you deserve it.

Lace said...

way cute pics. I am glad you got out for Christmas and new years! Keep up the great work!!

Tiffany said...

She certainly is a gorgeous baby girl! I'm glad you had a good Christmas. That is totally nice of Matt to wake up and take care of her until she is ready to eat. I unfortunately trained Codey from the first child(since he had school and work) to ignore the crying and now he can't hear a thing when a new baby is in the house. And it is a given that the older kids will play in the bouncer and swing and any other baby toy there is! Keep it up! Good work!

Jaclyn said...

Congrats, I can't get over how darn cute she is. Keep the doors locked because I might try to come take her for some snuggle time at my house (don't worry, I would bring her back around 2am when she wanted to eat). It looks like you had a great Christmas. The girls got the same bike as Madi, they'll have to go riding together once their legs are long enough to reach the peddles. Happy New Year.

Jill Petersen said...

She's so cute!!! I always had the same problem sleeping in the same room as my babies. Drew thankfully is a lot like Matt and always did his best to help so I got the most sleep possible! Why can't they just sleep at night?! I hope Madi still takes naps. Then at least you can get one during the day if you time it right. Glad she's growing!

Sherilyn said...

You have a beautiful family